I don't know if I want to report to the police

Contact Juniper Lodge for advice by calling 0116 273 3330

If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, but are unsure about whether to report to the police, you can attend Juniper Lodge to discuss your options with a trained advisor. If there are forensic opportunities, we can carry out a forensic medical and store the samples taken without involving the police, to give you some time and space to make a decision. These samples are currently stored for 8 years before destruction. You can also access all other services available from Juniper Lodge, including referrals to support, counselling , GUM and Independent Sexual Violence advisors

We will discuss your options and help you to make the choice that is right for you, making an assessment of your needs and offering any emotional support.

For confidential referral to GUM Clinic if you are concerned about sexually transmitted infections, please contact us, or GUM direct on 0300 124 0102, or 0800 318 908.